top of page

סהר ברוך ז"ל

Sahar Baruch HYD









Article not available for all hostages

סהר ז"ל היה רשום ללימודים בבן גוריון, היה אמור להתחיל ללמוד הנדסת חשמל השנה אך לא הספיק להתחיל. בשבוע שאחרי ה-7.10 תכנן לנסוע לבאר שבע לבחור דירה. חודש לפני השבת הארורה חזר מהטיול הגדול בדרום אמריקה והספיק לעשות גם חלקים משביל ישראל.
הוא היה שחקן שח מצויין, אהב סרטי אנימה ומד"ב. הוא היה חד וחכם וריאלי, ומשפחתו מספרת שהיה לו הומור מטומטם ונחמד. אח שני מבין 4 אחים, להורים תמי ורוני.
ב-7.10 שהה בבית אמו, יחד עם אחיו עידן. כבר בשעה מוקדמת נזרקו לתוך הבית רימונים, ועידן נפצע מרסיסים. במשך כל הזמן סהר טיפל בעידן. הם נכנסו לממ"ד וניסו להינעל מבפנים, אבל לא הצליחו, אז הם סגרו את עצמם מבפנים בעזרת ארון. המחבלים הציתו את הבית, ולמרות ההבנה של הסכנה בחוץ, הם החליטו לקפוץ החוצה, סהר עוד הספיק להגיד לאמא שלו, "למות בשריפה זה יותר כואב". ככל הנראה עידן קפץ ראשון, וסהר נשאר לחפש את המשאף של עידן. הקשר איתם נותק בערך ב-12 בצהריים. כמה ימים לאחר מכן התבשרה המשפחה על זיהוי ודאי של גופתו של עידן, שהסתבר שנורה בראשו. כל העת סהר נחשב כנעדר, ורק כשלושה שבועות אחרי ה-7.10, הודיעו למשפחה שהוא נחטף. מלבד זאת לא היה ידוע עוד שום פרט לגביו. גם סבתו של סהר, גאולה בכר ז"ל, נרצחה בקיבוץ.
סהר נהרג במהלך ניסיון החילוץ שלו ב-7 בדצמבר, וקיבוץ בארי הודיע על הירצחו יומיים לאחר המבצע, לפי שעה זו לא ניתן לקבוע אם נהרג מאש כוחות צה"ל או מאש מחבלי חמאס. גופתו עדיין מוחזקת בעזה.

Translated by google translate, please allow slight inacurrances

The late Sahar was enrolled in studies at Ben Gurion, he was supposed to start studying electrical engineering this year, but he didn't have time to start. The week after October 7, he planned to go to Be'er Sheva to choose an apartment. A month before the cursed Shabbat, he returned from the big trip in South America and managed to do parts of the Israel Trail as well. He was an excellent chess player, loved anime and TV shows. He was sharp and smart and realistic, and his family says he had a nice, goofy sense of humor. Second brother among 4 brothers, to parents Tami and Roni. On 7.10 he was at his mother's house, together with his brother Idan. Already at an early hour, grenades were thrown into the house, and Idan was injured by shrapnel. During the whole time Sahar took care of Idan. They entered the MMD and tried to lock themselves from the inside, but failed, so they locked themselves inside with a closet. The terrorists set the house on fire, and despite realizing the danger outside, they decided to jump out. Sahar still had time to tell his mother, "Dying in a fire is more It hurts." Apparently Idan jumped first, and Sahar stayed to look for Idan's inhaler. Contact with them was cut off at about 12 noon. A few days later, the family was informed of the sure identification of Idan's body, which turned out to be shot in the head. All the while Sahar was considered missing, And only about three weeks after 10/7, the family was informed that he had been kidnapped. Other than that, no other details were known about him. Sahar's grandmother, the late Geula Becher, was also murdered in the kibbutz. Sahar was killed during his rescue attempt on December 7, and Kibbutz Bari announced his murder two days after the operation, at this time it is not possible to determine whether he was killed by IDF fire or by fire from Hamas terrorists. His body is still being held in Gaza.

bottom of page